"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth" - Steve McQueen
A nod to Eddie Bauer's original Skyliner Hunting Jacket released in 1936, this is truly functional jacket with tons of classic moto appeal. The quilted down-filled pattern, leather accents, water resistant shell and crossover zipper make this a solid choice for that chilly fall riding or just everyday wear.
Coming in under $250 and available in a green version as well, this is a great mid-level option if you are searching for an alternative to full leather riding.
- 56% cotton/44% nylon shell with quilted leather detailing
- 550 fill Premium Goose Down insulation
- Quilted nylon lining
- Abrasion–resistant quilted leather shooting and forearm patches
- Snap–closure hull pocket
- Dual–entry, snap–closure rear game pocket
Overall, the Iron Rangers are a 6-inch, badass boot made in Minnesota using thick, quality American leather and completely supports the needs of the modern rider without any extra fluff. Originally designed for iron miners, this boot will hold up to the test of time, both physically and aesthetically.
The Iron Rangers run about a size big and will loosen up as the leather breaks in. Breaking-in is a process, so keep in mind these will NOT be the most comfortable boot initially (nothing good ever came easy). Ranging between $268-$300, these are at the higher end of the spectrum but it is an investment I would recommend making.
- 6-inch boot
- Amber Harness leather
- Goodyear welt construction
- triple stitched quiality
- Double layer leather toe cap
- Nitrile Cork outsole
Inspired by the very first Bell Star helmet, the Bullitt is a modern take on the original. Featuring an exceptional fit and ultra-high quality details, the Bullitt is the perfect helmet for riders looking for a vintage look with full-face protection. These do come at a premium ($399), but the quality and comfortable differential is noticable when put head to head with the similar-styled Biltwell Gringo.
- Ultra low-profile fiber composite shell
- Multi-Density EPS liner
- Perforated micro-suede interior fabric with leather trim
- Front intake vents and a rear exhaust vent
- Certifications: DOT and ECE 22.05
- Sizes: XS, S, M, L, XL, XXl
- Weight: 1,400 grams (3.09lbs)
*Note: Shields do NOT come with helmets, so plan on the additional $40 to complete the look.
All of the aesthetics of a classic pair of Redwings combined with the features of highly functional motorcycle boot. A Breathable inner mesh lining and thermoplastic heel/toe protection supply impact safety and all-day comfort that makes the $289 price tag an easier pill to swallow. They do fit true to size, but keep in mind the leather is going to stretch. So if you're in between, I would recommend going with the size down.
- WP full grain cowhide outer shell
- Thermoformed heel cup
- Thermoformed toe cap
- Anotomically shaped ankle cup
- Shifter strap (Sure to fly off on your first ride. Plus who doesn't want shifter wear on their boots?)
This water-resistant Martexin canvas bag carries all of the essentials you'll need to kickstart any travel morning. Pair the canvas and English bridle leather bag with two hand-dipped/battle-tested enamel mugs and twelve ounces of Stumptown Hair Bender blend and you have a combo no indoor setting can handle. Get ready for a damn good cup of coffee without the hassle of a barista mispelling your name on the side.
- Wood & Faulk Bag
- Aeropress Kit (Includes stir, funnel, scoop and 350 filters)
- Porlex Mini Burr Grinder
- 2 Enamel Mugs
- 12oz Hair Bender Coffee
Barbour International jackets have an iconic 4-pocket design and this light-weight beauty is no different. The beeswax exterior and thin lining allow for cooler riding, while still protecting from the elements. The Oscar is a slim-fit design with a mindfully cropped length to respect moto function. Coming in under $300, this is a good deal for great quality.
- Made from 4oz beeswax waxed cotton
- Light cotton lining
- Four exterior pockets
- Corduroy collar
Iron & Resin's collaboration with Sons of Trade is truly a thing of beauty. Constructed from durable coated cotton canvas with leather accents and an easy-to-clean inner lining, the Terrain Pannier is ready for all types of riding. The configurable attachment system and multiple carrying straps makes setup and teardown a breeze on most vintage and modern motorcycles.
- 12"W x 23"H x 5"D
- 1380 cubic inches
- Includes a set of universal attachment straps for fitment to most tubular frames
- Works best on bikes with a single side exhaust, rear frame, and rear shocks. Or, bikes that have exhaust pipes that run at least 22" below the seat frame.
The Biltwell Gringo is the ultimate, affordable option for a vintage full-face helmet. The shock absorbing EPS inner shell and removable liner provide comfort and protection without sacrificing size. This helmet remains low-profile and despite the lack of vents stays pretty cool for short to mid-range rides. As it's name "Gringo" indicates, this helmet is a good fit for some of us white dudes with oblong heads, but the adjustable padding can be customized to any skull. Equipped with the standard 5-snap system, this helmet pairs great with a bubble or blast shield (sold seperately).
- Injection-molded ABS outer shell with hand-painted finish
- Expanded polystyrene inner shell
- Hand-sewn removable brushed Lycra liner with diamond-stitched quilted open-cell foam padding
- Meets DOT safety standards
- Internal BioFoam chin pad with hand-sewn contrast stitching
- Sizes: XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL
"Often called "The Gentleman's Apron", we understand but humbly beg to differ. The TRVR apron is made from heavy waxed canvas and thick leather, and widely adjustable to fit the fame of any worker. It is pragmatically dark colored, easy to clean by hand, and obviously tough. Simply put: there's not much gentlemanly about it. This is a straightforward heritage quality apron, designed for anyone who needs to get hard work done without hassle. So brush aside the bemused, nostalgic, pink-up connotations of a Gentleman's apron, and let the quality of materials and construction speak straight to your passion for skilled work. And then get yourself down to business. Though clearly an attrctive object, this apron stands apart by standing aside while you do your thing, for years if you let it." - Hand-eye Supply
- Large leather patch pockets
- Pen loop
- Double loop for hammer, measuring tape or other tools
- Leather neck and waist straps (double riveted at one side and adjusted at the other with double brass D-rings
Uniform Wares is an independant British watch company that offers clean, modern design with exquisite craftsmanship. Despite being very modern, the simplicity of these pieces make them a great match for people who appreciate a vintage aesthetic. The M37 is the base model ($390), but Uniform Wares offers a variety of strap upgrades as well as higher-end models with additional features. Overall, I think this is a tremendous value compared to other options in this price range.
- SKK-01 37mm 2-hand
- PVD case
- Scratch-resistant sapphire crystal
- 5ATM water resistance
- Movement: Swiss-made Ronda 762, 4 jewels
"The award-winning LifeStraw personal water filter can travel with you anywhere. Weighing just 2 ounces and only 9 inches long, Lifestraw is ideal for hiking, backpacking, camping, travel, and emergency preparedness. The straw-style filter design lets you turn up to 1,000 liters of contaminated water into safe drinking water, filtering out protozoa and bacteria."
This miracle tool is perfect for the hardcore riders taking multi-day trips, camping and surviving in the elements. The compact size also makes it easy to throw in any pack or saddle bag.
- Lets you drink directly from streams and lakes or from a bottle
- Uses advanced hollow fiber membrane technology to filter up to 264 gallons or 1,000 liters of water to 0.2 microns
- Removes 99.9999% of waterborne bacteria, including E. coli and salmonella
- Removes 99.9% waterborne protozoa, including Giardia and Cryptosporidium
- Reduces turbidity (muddiness)
- No aftertaste: LifeStraw® doesn’t use iodine or iodinated resin chemicals and is BPA-free
- Meets US EPA drinking water standards
Iron and Resin is a great brand that offers amazing American-made moto and surf products. The "Get Lost" bandana is hand sewn and holds true to their boasted quality. We see many riders with the traditional paisley face covers; this is a great way to differentiate. With a $15 price tag, you can't go wrong.
- Signature blood red overlock edge stitch
- 2-sided Iron & Resin Anchor Piston clam woven label
- Hand sewn and printed in the Iron & Resin factory
- Made in the USA
- Custom monogramming offered from the Iron & Resin website
The Lee Parks Design DeerTours fit the iconic, leather work glove design so many of us motorcycle enthusiasts love. Their design is only surpassed by their quality and performance. Made from 2.75-plus-ounce deerskin, they have phenomenal fit and flexibility, but are more durable than cowhide. Also, unlike cowhide, deerskin does not stiffen or shrink when exposed to moisture. They come in around $95, but I challenge you to find a pair of gloves as comfortable as these that still look this badass.
- Grade-A American deer hide
- Double-duty thread
- Seamless palm construction
- Double-thick panels
- Secure strap